Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tim turns 30 (part one)

  
It is 2012.... How did that happen?!?!   Do you know what that means?   My "baby", turns 30 in just a couple of months......    
Now that is big in our family as each child’s 20th birthday was a big one and then the 25th and then the next big one is 30.  So what do we do to celebrate this year?  And even more important what is the next big adventure for Tim?

Timothy looked forward to age 25 as we told him when he turned 20 that the next big adventure was moving out at 25…. Then it came and I was sure he wasn’t ready any more than I was. But we had made the commitment and so we bought a house in downtown Sonora where Tim could have his own apartment under us.  Nice for all! He has become very independent and Mom could still be his mentor.

Well, guess what? After 5 years of this “perfect” situation as far as we can tell, Tim wants to move out into his own apartment: shock!  But then I think of my other grown children and they would want to do that too.  So we have given him our blessing to “look into it”.  But I can’t stop him as my goal has been "as independent as possible" and so we try knowing he could move back if it doesn’t work out. 

For those of you who have read more blogs, you know that Kevin has been part of our family as a son for 9 years now.  He has a matching studio apartment next to Tim’s and he too wants to move out. Another big shocker: they do not want to move in together! They each want their separate places.

Ok, I am sure many of you are having lots of questions flying through your mind as am I. How are they going to afford this? Will they be safe? Will they miss me?
So as I start this adventure of 2012 I wanted to start telling you about it and will keep you posted.  
                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment