Saturday, June 29, 2013

Downtown Life Skills Home

I have not written as we moved ahead and it has been more than busy!

In November 2012 we were licensed with the state of Ca. and vendored with Regional Center to open an adult residential facility for 6.  There was a need and we filled up fast!
    We, Buck and I, are doing what we have always done helping people be all they can be. We are working on life skills for ourselves and the residents. We are still assisting our son Tim who loves living on his own as well as Kevin, who lived with us for 9 years. Kevin happens to have Down syndrome also. Tim and Kevin graduated and 6 others came to learn and grow.
     It is super draining and time consuming but even more rewarding as we see people enjoying life, growing in their life skills, feeling loved, proud of themselves and laughing.... lots of laughing!
     I have time to write as I have an unexpected 2 hours home alone!  Yes, I have much more I should be doing but I needed to catch you up.
           May you be encouraged. 
                   May you to keep doing the next right thing in your life, whatever that may be for YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment