Monday, October 8, 2012

Tim turns 30 (part 2)

Well, it happened.... and Tim loves it and I feel pretty good about it. Yes, he did it, he moved out! I believe our gracious Heavenly Father opened the right doors as he did not move down the street where I could see his apartment but I see God's hand in this farther away place.
   So yesterday as I was picking Tim up for an outing with us, he appeared from the apartment complex with his dirty laundry! He said he did not want to use his quarters and so he wanted to come visit after our outing and do his laundry like he learned from his sister when she lived away at college. I smiled.
   I helped Tim make some invites as he is having an open house/house warming this coming Saturday and he is very excited to show his friends his new place.
      I  feel emotions that flow both directions as I want to warn him about people who would take advantage of him and I want him to make new friends and be neighborly.
       So at age 30 Tim has reached another goal. Wasn't it just yesterday that our goal was to walk and talk? I am so proud of him.... it brings tears to my eyes and joy in my heart.
   So what is our next goal? Well, right now it is to get......
No, right now it is to enjoy the moment! I am helping my son with his own open house. :-)

I think I will give him a roll of quarters for his house warming gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment